use_gnomeng

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 19 17:49:36 PDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-04-19 at 20:29, David Yeske wrote:
> Should gnomeng be removed from existing ports?

Yes.  I have a script that I'm using to do this.

>   Should gnomeng not be used for new ports?

No.

>  Does
> this depend on the gnome components used?

We have updated documentation on the way.  However, the porting guide at
http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/porting.html is still valid except you
no longer need the USE_GNOMENG macro.

>   How about a port that just uses gtk12?

USE_GNOME=	gtk12

>  If the gnomeng
> removal plan has been posted somewhere I have not read it and would appreciate the url...

We're planning an official announcement as soon as the new docs are
done....hopefully this weekend.

Joe