new target to display options

Stijn Hoop stijn at win.tue.nl
Sat Apr 19 14:32:58 PDT 2003

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 10:53:22AM +0200, Alex Kiesel wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 18:24, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> > See also mail/mailman & emulators/xmame for an alternate implementation.
>
> I think those two are a little bit too verbose :)

That's of course opinion :) My POV was that if you type 'make options'
you should get a detailed overview. One of the reasons to implement this
target for xmame was that it has too many options, and people should be
able to choose between them, not having to guess what they do.

> and they are not parseable.

files/pkg-opts is, that's what the Makefile does.

> I think it would be nice to have parseable output that you
> could easily use in some kind of frontend...

See the code.

> Generally this target is a very good idea.

Agreed, whatever way it is implemented.

--Stijn