FreeBSD Port: linux-sdl-1.2.2.1

Erik Olson erikolson at olsonexpress.com
Fri Apr 4 05:05:36 PST 2003

Greetings. I am currently working on creating my first port, which is
for a Linux program which requires the linux SDL-1.2.5 library. I've
been working my way through the Porter's Handbook, and I realized that I
should let you know since you are listed as the maintainer for it. I
HAVE already created a modified version of the linux-sdl12 port that
uses the 1.2.5 library instead of the 1.2.2.1, which I have on my
machine only (so it hasn't been submitted yet).  I can send the diff
over to you if you would like.  The only problem I see with that one, is
that I couldn't find an alpha version of the library.  Not a problem for
me, since I have an i386 system.  So I was just looking for some advice.
   I can:

*  Submit the i386 version of the port.
*  Submit the i386 version of the port under a different name (since the
alpha version of the code doesn't seem to be at libsdl.org).
*  Modify my port to install the 1.2.5 for i386.
*  Send my diff over to you to take a look at, approve and submit.
*  Let you take care of it.

Any of those options work out for me.  Thank you for the assistance.

Erik Olson