enquiries for ports collections to be available on every distro

pesoy misak pingudebian at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 00:19:02 PST 2003

Dear All FreeBSDer (Maintainer)

Many thanks if one of you could give me any response to my request on the ports collections.

I am a great fans of linux and unix especially FreeBSD and Debian. well not mentionned about openBSD and netBSD coz hasn't got the OS yet. but I am really abit disappointed with ports collections which according to me a very vital applications that i very very need badly. well of course not all of them. I would be grateful if someone could make all the ports and shipped with the FreeBSD OS and downloadable like for example in Debian that have ant, jserv, tomcat in side their package management that can be installed in the fly that could be found in the CD distro. I would really like that FreeBSD could do something like that. coz i am not always go to internet and can't download that heavy program. i would prefer pay more for the FreeBSD CD rather than waiting for the downloading time

i hope this article could make a consideration

many thanks