[Bug 208353] net/samba43 : joining the domain, windows workstation does not register in dns with samba's internal dns backend

bugzilla-noreply at freebsd.org bugzilla-noreply at freebsd.org
Mon Mar 28 09:36:18 UTC 2016


https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=208353

            Bug ID: 208353
           Summary: net/samba43 : joining the domain, windows workstation
                    does not register in dns with samba's internal dns
                    backend
           Product: Ports & Packages
           Version: Latest
          Hardware: amd64
                OS: Any
            Status: New
          Severity: Affects Only Me
          Priority: ---
         Component: Individual Port(s)
          Assignee: timur at FreeBSD.org
          Reporter: stievenard.david at gmail.com
             Flags: maintainer-feedback?(timur at FreeBSD.org)
          Assignee: timur at FreeBSD.org

tested on the last version of freebsd 10.2 available at this date

this appends
- after installation of samba 4.3.3
- after provisioning the domain
- after registering a windows workstation in that domain
- in dns MMC (needed the installation of the microsoft RSAT tools) : there is
no records for that workstation that joined the domain

: 
tried with package and port in the 4.3 branch -> same result
tried with win7 and win10 -> same result
tried with vm in xencenter and virtualbox -> same result
tried with the package in samba 4.2 branch -> no problem, workstations register
in the dns


it's my first bug report and I'm a beginner, so I still can't believe the
problem comes from me but I'm out of option and 4.2 next phase for 4.2 is End
of Life
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Release_Planning


Contact me if I can do anything to help
dasti

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.


More information about the freebsd-ports-bugs mailing list