[FreeBSD-Ports-Announce] [HEADS UP] Ports Freeze for upcoming 8.4 Release

Thomas Abthorpe portmgr-secretary at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 26 04:16:55 UTC 2013

The FreeBSD Ports Management team as decided to do a hard freeze to
co-incide with the release of 8.4-FreeBSD RC1, tentatively scheduled for
March 30.

During this hard freeze, only security updates, critical fixes, and related
fixes related to the clean-up of the tree will be allowed.  This is a
change from our recent Feature Safe policy.

If you want/need something to get into the tree after the freeze, email a
patch to portmgr@, and await approval.

Once we feel the tree is in good shape for shipping, we will open up for a
slush.  More details on that once we get closer to release time.

Thomas
on behalf of portmgr@