Recent issue with pkg base missing setuid

Kris Moore kris at ixsystems.com
Mon Dec 4 16:26:11 UTC 2017

Anybody else noticed a recent regression (say past month or so) where
pkg base of latest HEAD is now failing to throw setuid on some files? We
saw it at first because /sbin/shutdown lost its setuid bit, so users
can't shutdown the box. I rolled back pkg to 1.10.1 which was working,
and that didn't seem to make a difference. Now I suspect something in
HEAD itself changed, but for the life of me can't find where.

--
Kris Moore
Director of Engineering