Custom -NODEBUG kernel configuration failing

Kyle Evans kevans91 at ksu.edu
Thu Oct 27 12:52:11 UTC 2016

Hello!

I've recently setup a server dedicated to doing pkgbase builds for all
of my other machines. I've got 5 custom configurations (GENERIC with
irrelevant devices removed) as well as corresponding -NODEBUG for
each.

These -NODEBUG configs are modeled after GENERIC-NODEBUG, but with
'nomakeoptions DEBUG' added to the nooptions* lines. When I try to
issue a `make packages` with KERNCONF including any of these -NODEBUG
configs and the proper NO_INSTALLEXTRAKERNELS option specified, make
packages fails with the following end of log:

https://files.kyle-evans.net/freebsd/error.log

All of my debug kernel configs work, but every -NODEBUG (with
exception to GENERIC-NODEBUG) exhibits this same problem (presumably
linked to nomakeoptions DEBUG) -- it tries to generate the $CONF-debug
package and dies when no .plist comes out of it.

Is this something that should be clearly unsupported, or just a bug
that should be fixed right up?

Thanks,

Kyle Evans