Are signatures of system images verified?

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Wed Jun 29 22:22:35 UTC 2016

On 06/29/2016 14:59, Glen Barber wrote:
> If I understand what you mean correctly, that would imply poudriere is
> responsible for the contents of base.txz, which it is not.  I think the
> better solution (if I understood correctly) is RE needs to PGP-sign the
> releases/${TARGET}/${TARGET_ARCH}/X.Y-RELEASE/MANIFEST file, and include
> it in the announcement email for the release, as well as on the website.
>
> Please correct me if I did misunderstand.
>
> This way, poudriere could verify the hash of the file against what it
> has downloaded, in addition to verifying the PGP fingerprint.

Yes, only MANIFEST should be signed, I made a mistake suggesting that
all binaries should be signed.

I don't quite understand the connection between the poudriere run and
the announcement email. Could you please elaborate on this? Just
downloading something from the website isn't secure either.

Thank you,

Yuri