building math/atlas in poudriere

Brooks Davis brooks at freebsd.org
Wed Oct 30 22:52:12 UTC 2019

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 09:14:04PM +0000, tech-lists wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way of building math/atlas within poudriere?
>
> I get this cryptic error:
>
> # make
> ===>  atlas-math-3.8.4_18,1 has to be built manually: Optimizes for the local
> machine..
> *** Error code 1
>
> What does "has to be built manually" mean in this context?

The message comes from this part of bsd.port.mk:

.if (defined(MANUAL_PACKAGE_BUILD) && defined(PACKAGE_BUILDING))
IGNORE=         has to be built manually: ${MANUAL_PACKAGE_BUILD}
clean:

You can configure poudriere to not set PACKAGE_BUILDING per this config file
snippet:

# By default poudriere sets PACKAGE_BUILDING
# To disable it:
# NO_PACKAGE_BUILDING=yes

Note that IIRC (it's been a while since I did any HPC stuff) atlas does
performance tests as part of the build process so if you build it in
parallel with other things, the optimization selection is going to be
nonsense.

-- Brooks