How to upgrade php or python

Mel Pilgrim list_freebsd at bluerosetech.com
Thu Dec 7 00:14:00 UTC 2017

On 12/5/2017 9:35 PM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
> Let’s say I’m in a very common situation where a new PHP update is released. I have the core php71 package plus another dozen like php71-mysqli. How do I upgrade these without being forced to do it one at a time or upgrading every package on the system?
>
> With https://github.com/freebsd/pkg/issues/1055 being unresolved for a few years now, I’m assuming other people have some sort of workaround for this very common need.

If you're using the public repos and you're catching up to an increase
in the default version, you can get pkg to migrate them by changing the
origin.  See chapter 4.4.9 of the Handbook[1], but in short you change
the origin of the ports, run a normal pkg upgrade, then reinstall any
depending ports (postfixadmin, phpMyAdmin, etc.).

1: https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/pkgng-intro.html