[poudriere] support for ALTROOT in jailed poudriere?

René Ladan rene at freebsd.org
Sat Dec 2 19:49:11 UTC 2017

Hi,

I was trying to set up poudriere in a jail and stumbled upon some issues
because the jailed ZFS dataset has ALTROOT set to /mnt in its ZPOOL.
This gives issues when trying to run a (bulk) build with poudriere, see
poudriere-altroot-bulk-no-symlink.txt. When I create a symlink /tank ->
/mnt/tank, the build gets a bit further but fails later, see
poudriere-altroot-bulk-1symlink.txt.

Similarly, updating a ports tree works with a /tank -> /mnt/tank link
but fails without, see poudriere-altroot-updateports-no-symlink.txt

Are there any plans to support ALTROOT? Perhaps I can dig into it
myself. This is with poudriere-master from github.

René