Pkg questions

Dusan Popovic dpx at binaryapparatus.com
Mon Aug 14 07:39:34 UTC 2017

Hey guys,

I am fairly new to FreeBSD but I have ton of experience otherwise. Since
I started using pkg and ports I have run into, what seems to me,
illogical behavior.

I have started forum thread here:
https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/62002/

Part of the problem I am experiencing is pkg related and I believe it
can be easily improved to allow much more flexible mixing of binary
packages and ports.

I can send you all the details by email or you can take a look at the
forum thread, whatever works better for you.

I am not shy from discussing, planning or coding, C being one of my
favorite languages since 1981. Please feel free to use my skills if
needed.

Thank you,
Dusan Popovic