more pkg woes

Mark Felder feld at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 27 13:35:51 UTC 2014

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014, at 15:52, Paul Beard wrote:
> It doesn’t do much good to select options that aren’t there.
>
> Oct 25 13:50:24 www postfix/smtp[84641]: warning: smtp_sasl_auth_enable
> is true, but SASL support is not compiled in
> Oct 25 13:50:24 www postfix/smtp[84641]: warning: TLS has been selected,
> but TLS support is not compiled in
>
> Not sure how many hours I still have to go before I fix this but it was a
> damn site easier before pkgng.

So the package you installed has

  smtp_sasl_auth_enable = true

but it's not compiled into the package?

I just verified that both SASL and TLS port options are off by default.
How does this compare to other OSes? Do they offer those out of the box?
I wonder what upstream Postfix provides as well. My personal opinion
here is that TLS should be enabled by default -- these days we should
not be adding additional hurdles before users can implement best
practices.

FYI, the default configuration is not dynamically generated. It would
take a significant amount of work to produce a config that matches the
port's default build options. I do think we have an obvious problem here
though if SASL and TLS are in the config by default but not built by
default.