merging pkg databases

Sebastian Jäschke jtkoerting at mac.com
Fri Nov 7 15:14:36 UTC 2014

Hi!

For some reason we need to merge pkg(ng) databases together, so that only the newer packages is in the resulting database, if both merged databases have packages of the same type. And if two packages in the databases have even the same version, always the same database is overwritten. The reason is that we have a ro tree which is handled differently than the rw pathes including /usr/local.

It seems to be not possible with the common tools for pkg, so our company is willing to pay for a solution on this.

How should be ask whom for this? Is one of the followers of this fine list a freelancer, willing and able to do this job? Should we ask the foundation itself?
We are quite new on a question like this, so please advise!

Thanks a lot!