How did the package become corrupt?

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Thu Jul 31 07:12:30 UTC 2014

Baptiste Daroussin wrote:

[dd]

> > Why was pkg's message so inarticulate? Why did it not say "file XXX is
> > missing" or something more meaningful?
>
> Because since the early day we are asking for users how we can improve our error
> messages :) this is one of the case were we obviously can :) will be fixed in
> 1.3.4

Thanks in advance.

> > > I checked your package for tdb the binary /usr/local/bin/tdbdump is
> > > in there.
> >
> > I know it's there. Moreover, "pkg install -f tdb" fixed the problem.
> > I can only suggest that something went wrong after the first
> > "pkg upgrade -f".
>
> That would surprise me strongly

You cannot imagine how that surprised me :-) Unfortunately I don't
have a screenlog, but I remember there having been some error messages
about *samba34* directories missing during the "pkg upgrade -f"
procedure.  I don't know if they are relevant.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru