using certain packages from my repo

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at michaelwlucas.com
Thu Jan 23 17:46:49 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 06:34:16PM +0100, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 12:28:53PM -0500, Michael W. Lucas wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm sure this is a "Lucas doesn't know which man page to read"
> > problem, but after a second day of looking I'm giving up and throwing
> > myself on the mercy of the developers.
> >
> > I'm setting up poundriere for the first time. Everything seems good,
> > except I can't figure out how to tell clients to use my repo only for
> > certain packages.
> >
> > For example, I need custom lang/php5 and www/apache22 ports. I want to
> > install these ports and their dependencies from my repo. Everything
> > else should come from the official repo.
> >
> > Can anyone point me at the answer?
>
> pkg-repository(5) but it is a bit hidden :)
> Look at the very last lines of that man page:
>
> ---- quote ----
> then to make updates to that package ``sticky'' to the same reposi-
> tory, add an annotation to the package:
>
> 	pkg annotate -A example repository repo-a
> ---- quote ----

Awesome, thank you.

So, to bootstrap my custom php5 package onto a system, I must use -r
to tell pkg to use my repo, then pkg annotate to make the package
sticky.

Will annotation affect dependencies? Or should I make note of all the
packages installed from my private repo and manually "stickify" them?

Just trying to get this straight before I finish this blog post.

Thanks,
==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas  -  mwlucas at michaelwlucas.com, Twitter @mwlauthor