NAT for use with OpenVPN

Morgan Wesström freebsd-database at pp.dyndns.biz
Tue Nov 12 23:07:11 UTC 2019

On 2019-11-12 23:53, Phil Staub wrote:
> New development:
>
> In the process of tracking down installation of the DD-WRT firmware, I
> found out how to get a command line interface to the router. It involves
> sending a special enable packet to the gateway address and then
> telnetting into it.
>
> Though the purpose for doing this was for something else, I figured that
> since the router runs linux, a shell should get me access to ifconfig
> and netstat. Here's what I get:

If it runs on Linux I suppose it uses iptables for firewalling and NAT?
Should be easy to see what the NAT rules look like. Maybe you can simply
add a NAT rule for 10.8.0.0/24 if it's missing? Probably won't survive a
reboot but as a workaround it might do? I'm no iptables expert (it's
black magic compared to pf) but some googling thinks the following
command should list the NAT rules:

# iptables -t nat -L

/Morgan