Update to PF from OpenBSD 6.5

Mike the.lists at mgm51.com
Tue Aug 20 13:46:12 UTC 2019

On 8/20/2019 5:49 AM, Kristof Provost wrote:
> [snip]
> We’ve not done wholesale imports from OpenBSD in a long time, yes, but
> FreeBSD’s pf is maintained, and regularly gets new features and bug
> fixes. Fixes even flow in both directions between OpenBSD and FreeBSD.

Around the time the work was done on the OpenBSD pf to make it suitable
for what FreeBSD wanted, I suggested that FreeBSD at least change the
name to make looking for information about a specific flavor a bit easier.

Given the major changes listed in this thread and elsewhere, I am still
a bit surprised the name was not changed.