Is there an upper limit to PF's tables?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Fri Jun 15 15:11:20 UTC 2018

Thanks, all, for your suggestions; I suspect that this ancient server with
but 512MB memory will need upgrading soon :-)

Thankfully, all it does at the moment is act as my mail/web server, and an
internal firewall to the Mac and Penguin boxes; I do my development work
on the Mac[*], and test it out on those in turn (and usually ending up
cursing Penguin/OS for egregiously breaking something).

[*]
Except for devices with a serial port, because I simply don't trust
serial/USB adaptor cables and their shoddy drivers; my next FreeBSD server
will still have genuine serial/parallel ports (it will also be a GPS NTP
server, and FreeBSD supports the all-important PPS signal on the serial
port).

-- Dave