Hope Drive

Leonie Botha leoniehsa1 at afrihost.co.za
Thu Jan 11 12:07:57 UTC 2018

We would like to give everyone a special thank you for assisting with our
Christmas Drive we handed out an amazing 964 Food Parcels to needy families
and elderly and assisted an extra 461 individuals with clothing and food
parcels, apart from our monthly list of destitute families.

Helping SA's Children and Elderly in Need

There are hundreds of families that struggle on a daily basis with no food
or clothing for them and their children, a lot of these families live in
horrific conditions. Many children are going to school hungry, exhausted and
poorly clothed because their parents are so strapped for cash. Some are so
hungry they have resorted to stealing food off others, some even stealing
extra for later as their whole family are hungry. We help them with food
parcels, school needs and stationary especially this time of year it's a
great need, clothing, toiletries, blankets, etc.
We assist families with children, this way we keep the family together, the
children are not taken away from their parents due to them struggling
financially, we only get involved with families where the parents are
willing to make a difference in their own lives and that needs just that
little bit extra help, to feed and take care of their children, ensuring
their children can't be removed from them because with our assistance, the
children are fed and clothed, the family are able to grow till the point
where our help is not needed anymore and we can move on to other families.

When thinking about elderly care we generally tend to think, struggling to:
get up in the mornings, get to shops, get to church, getting to the
hairdresser, and have difficulties driving!
BUT no one actually realize, that not all elderly persons problems begin and
end with getting older,
but actually starts in the morning waking up in a cold room with dirty or no
bedding at all, feeling the hunger pains, do not have shampoo to wash hair
never mind going to a hairdresser, don't have any hot water, don't have R10
to go to the shop to buy a bread, can't even afford bus fare never mind
struggling to see where to drive, in their own car, they don't have a
problem getting to church as they do not have any clothes to wear to church.

We assist the elderly with food parcels, clothing and bedding, some do
receive a state pension which is barely enough for rent, and most did not
have the opportunity to save up for their old days as they took care of
their children's needs first and now are being forgotten by their children
and family, it is sad to think that a child visits once a year and brings a
bit of food but what about the rest of the year, it seems unreal but it is
the reality of life. Most of the elderly that we assist have illnesses or
problems like, arthritis, hip replacements, back and neck problems. Our goal
is to provide the elderly with the comfortable bedding and clothing and
healthy meals.

We are also in the process of trying to help people that are willing to help
themselves, by assisting them in finding employment. Providing a basic food
parcels per family is costly and we need sponsors, without assistance none
of this will be possible. The fundraising for this project will be done by
asking for a R100 donation, in return you will receive a Hope Ribbon Keyring
(Silver) and an invoice to claim back from tax, please help us to keep
families together and the elderly feel loved and not forgotten. Donations
received towards our children and elderly in need project will be used to
buy food, beds and bedding, clothes and shoes, this project will assist
families with children and elderly as well as children safety houses, old
age homes and orphanages.

Because we buy in bulk we are able to assist more with less;

*        R50 -       2 Children / Elderly have food for 1 day

*        R 100 -    2 Children / Elderly have food for 2 days

*        R 500 -    2 Children / Elderly have food for 10 days

*        R 1000 -  2 Children / Elderly have food for 20 days

*        R5000 -   2 Children / Elderly have food for 3 months

*        R10'000 - 2 Children / Elderly have food for 6 Months (186 days)
You can give hope where there is none!!

If you are doing a donation through the bank for this worthy project, please
receive your Invoice and special Keyring.

To view our NPO and Section 18A certificates please visit our website, while
you are visiting please enjoy our photos and videos.
(To receive copies of our certificates / proof of registration, accounting
letters etc. you can also email admin (@) hsa-team.co.za or reply to this
email requesting documents)
Hope you can find it your heart to assist with these projects.

ABSA
HELPING SA
ACC NR; 4080925296
BRANCH: HORISON, 632005
CURRENT ACCOUNT
PLEASE USE REFERENCE LC AND YOUR NAME OR COMPANY NAME
WHEN DOING A TRANSFER - THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE
We would like this project to go on for a long time, so that it can really
make an impact on the ones we assist, thus we do have debit facilities now,
if you would like to assist this project more than once we would really
appreciate it, you can request a debit order form by email.

Yours Faithfully
Leonie Botha

Vice-Chairperson/Fundraiser
Helping SA
081 703 6774
Fax: 086 509 9871
Alternative email: leonie (@) helpingsa.co.za / leonie (@) hsa-team.co.za
Web:  (www) helping-sa.co.za
NPO:  115-333
PBO: 930043138
"Generosity consists not the sum given, but the manner in which it is
bestowed"

If you wish not to receive emails from me, please reply with a blank email
and I will never email you again, we do not mean to spam anyone we are just
trying to assist as many as possible. Thanking you in advance. OR
<mailto:unsubscribe at help-sa.co.za?subject=UNSUBSCRIBE> UNSUBSCRIBE We rather
email than trouble you on the phone while you are busy this way you can
decide when you have time to go through our email.