Issue using altq_priq unter FreeBSD 11.1 - help needed

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Mon Oct 16 15:27:50 UTC 2017

You are missing the filtering commands to tell pf which traffic goes in which queue.  Here is an example using bandwidth queues that I used to use.  They are all commented out now since I don't need them anymore, but kept them around just in case.  This configuration restricted the bandwidth for web and mail.  If I remember correctly, I built this from "The Book of PF" which I believe is available on the web now.

############ Queueing:  rule-based bandwidth control.
#altq on $ext_if cbq bandwidth 100% queue {normal, web, mail}
#       queue normal bandwidth 99% qlimit 100 cbq(default)
#       queue web bandwidth 100Kb qlimit 100 cbq
#       queue mail bandwidth 250Kb qlimit 100 cbq

############ Filtering:  Last Rule Matches
#pass log proto tcp from any to any port 80 queue web
#pass log proto tcp from any to any port 25 queue mail

-- Doug