ALTQ in GENERIC

Goran Mekić meka at tilda.center
Tue Jul 18 09:23:09 UTC 2017

Hello,

I was wondering, why is ALTQ not compiled in GENERIC? I know it doesn't support all interfaces, so I just suppose that's the reason, although I didn't find anything about enabling ALTQ on systems having interfaces which are not supported.

As I'm new to the topic, I would love to learn more about implementation and/or problems of including ALTQ in GENERIC. What I would really love to have is ALTQ and freebsd-update working. If any work is needed, I'd love to help or be helped to do it. Thankx

Regards,
meka