dscp set/get

Franco Fichtner franco at lastsummer.de
Thu Oct 6 08:31:00 UTC 2016

Hi,

> On 06 Oct 2016, at 10:10 AM, Kristof Provost <kp at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
> On 6 Oct 2016, at 6:57, Eugene M. Zheganin wrote:
>> pf still lacks the DSCP handling, will it be difficult/expensive to add
>> this ? AFAIK ipfw got this recently.
>>
> pf has set-tos and tos keywords. What is it not letting you do?

I think it works already with the plain hex/decimal values given,
though we're missing OpenBSD's parser support for special DSCP
options with its funky naming:

"This rule applies to packets with the specified TOS bits set. string
may be one of critical, inetcontrol, lowdelay, netcontrol,throughput,
reliability, or one of the DiffServ Code Points: ef, af11 ... af43,
cs0 ... cs7; number may be either a hex or decimal number."

http://man.openbsd.org/OpenBSD-current/man5/pf.conf.5

Looks like pfctl(8) is the only thing to "fix" here.  I'll take a look.

Cheers,
Franco