NAT Reflection rules for FreeBSD PF

Big Lebowski spankthespam at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 22:31:01 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am trying to set up a 11.0-R PF based NAT for group of jails that needs
to be able to talk to services on other jails, just as if they'd be clients
from outside of the network. Apparently, this is called 'NAT reflection'
and I was able to find examples for OpenBSD PF here:
https://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/rdr.html (bottom of the page).

Obviously, their syntax doesn't work on FreeBSD PF, so how to achieve the
same thing? How to allow jails NAT'd on $ext_if (xn0) coming from
$jails_net (192.168.0.0/24 aliased on lo0) to talk to each other, via the
$ext_if external IP?

Regards,
BL