Large scale NAT with PF - some weird problem

Milan Obuch freebsd-pf at dino.sk
Mon Jun 29 09:12:49 UTC 2015

On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 11:04:48 +0200
Daniel Hartmeier <daniel at benzedrine.ch> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 10:52:01AM +0200, Milan Obuch wrote:
>
> > Does this answerred your question fully or something more would be
> > usefull?
>
> Which one is the magical IP address, i.e. the one that causes trouble
> once it's being used (I guess from x.y.26.0/27)?
>
> It's always the same one, even across reloads and reboots?
>
> Daniel

x.y.27.152, it was always the same, it kept reappear randomly. Now,
with pool reduced to x.y.26.0/24 it can't happen, maybe for some time
this workaround will be enough. If, however, anybody would like to test
something, it can be changed for test again.

I did not observed this behaviour with any other IP after I upgrade to
10.2-PRERELASE, but I remember seeing this issue with x.y.27.153 and
x.y.27.154, just less frequently. Most of the time I just looked for
x.y.27.152, nothing more was necessary.

Milan