Getting tables to work in PF

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sat Nov 8 19:50:31 UTC 2014

On Sat, 8 Nov 2014, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> Same thing on FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p9 (GENERIC); I'll summon up the
> courage and try 9.3 or whatever.

I went to 8.4-RELEASE-p19 instead (and noted a few weird things in the
ports department), and it still ain't working; I disabled inbound SMTP as
a test, and mail was still arriving.

>From this I can only conclude that unless I've made an obscure error
somewhere in my pf.conf file then pf(4) simply does not work on FreeBSD 8
(possibly with the on-board "fxp0" - yes, I spotted that DHCP bug just in
time).

I remain to be corrected on this point, preferably with a config that is
known to work.

I'll gird my loins appropriately and give FreeBSD 9.3 a bash, and also
look around for another type of NIC when I can afford it.

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)