Getting tables to work in PF

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue Nov 4 20:15:41 UTC 2014

On Tue, 4 Nov 2014, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> The rules?  Not a sausage.  It's behaving as though it's reading the
> file (which it is), but not honouring the rules themselves (which it
> isn't).

A bit more progress; I finally got around to tracing it, and the salient
bit is:

(Many calls to set rules)

(Many calls to set timeouts)

 13925 pfctl    CALL  ioctl(0x3,DIOCSETDEBUG,0xbfbfdc84)
 13925 pfctl    RET   ioctl 0
 13925 pfctl    CALL  ioctl(0x3,DIOCSETSTATUSIF,0xbfbfdc5c)
 13925 pfctl    RET   ioctl -1 errno 22 Invalid argument

Aha...  So, what's so invalid about it?  I don't have kernel source (my
installation was interrupted by a long stay in hospital), so I cannot
investigate any further.

And my plea as before:

> So, if pf(4) actually known to work on:
>
>     FreeBSD aneurin.horsfall.org 8.2-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p3 #0: Tue Sep 27 18:07:27 UTC 2011     root at i386-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
>
> and if so, does anyone have a working sample pf.conf from such a box?

Thanks.

--
Dave Horsfall (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)