Getting tables to work in PF

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Mon Nov 3 09:13:44 UTC 2014

On Mon, 3 Nov 2014, Ermal Luçi wrote:

> Probably you forgot to clear the states!

I was under the impression that "state" applied to "keep state" i.e.
outgoing connections.

Nonetheless:

    aneurin# pfctl -s state
    No ALTQ support in kernel
    ALTQ related functions disabled
    aneurin# pfctl -F s
    No ALTQ support in kernel
    ALTQ related functions disabled
    0 states cleared
    aneurin#

Still not blocking, and still not logging any such blocks.  Got a working
example that I can use?

Do remember that I even blocked all incoming SMTP as a test, hence my
question as to whether PF was actually working here.

Also don't forget my other observation that <spammers> wasn't created
until I did so by hand.

--
Dave Horsfall (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)