PF IPv6 fragments handling (was: Re: Checksumming outgoing packets in PF vs in ip[6]_output)

Kristof Provost kristof at sigsegv.be
Thu Dec 18 11:08:56 UTC 2014

On 2014-12-18 11:29:01 (+0100), Ilya Bakulin <ilya at bakulin.de> wrote:
> On 2014-11-09 21:15, Kristof Provost wrote:
> > On 2014-11-09 14:30:55 (+0100), Ilya Bakulin <ilya at bakulin.de> wrote:
> >> On 07.11.14, 14:31, Kristof Provost wrote:
> > You can find the patch series here:
> > http://www.sigsegv.be/files/pf_inet6_frag.tar
> > and everything in one big patch here:
> > http://www.sigsegv.be/files/pf_inet6_frag.patch
> >

> I have tested your patchset and it works!
> At this poing I would like to ask clusteradm@ (CC'ed) to at least look
> at this patchet. The distinction between CROP and DROP that was dropped
> upstream is IMHO not important :-) I highly doubt that it makes any
> difference to anyone, and parcticularly at FreeBSD cluster. On the other
> hand,

Thanks for testing!

I still have the CROP/DROP thing on my TODO. If there's a consensus that
we can drop it that's fine by me of course. In that case I'll just
clean up the current patches and submit those for review.

If people feel we should keep CROP/DROP (as was my original plan) I
should have some time to work on that over the holidays.

Regards,
Kristof