NAT & RDR rules for jailed proxy services

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Fri Dec 20 16:55:05 UTC 2013

Good news is I have some progress and it seems to work like this:

# Begin NAT & RDR rules
# For the dns jail
 nat on $JaIf proto {tcp,udp} from !($JaIf) to $JaIf port domain tag NAT_DNS
-> $jdns port domain
 nat on $JaIf proto {tcp,udp} from $jdns to !($JaIf) port domain tag NAT_DNS
-> $JaIf port domain

# For the privoxy jail
 nat on $JaIf proto tcp from !($JaIf) to $JaIf port 8118 tag NAT_PRVX ->
$jprvx port 8118
 nat on $JaIf proto tcp from $jprvx to !($JaIf) port 80 tag NAT_PRVX ->
$JaIf port 80

Now the bad news:
1. "nat pass in/out quick on <interface>" gives syntax error - probably my
misunderstanding of your message content
2. Unless the client's /etc/resolv.conf for dns and proxy settings from
browser are changed, packets are not "forced" into the jailed proxy
structure. I will have to place pass/block filters on ExtIf, and each client
will have to make adjustment to their machine. I don't get a "silent
redirect" for these packets, UNLESS I tested incorrectly.

Regards.

-----
FreeBSD-11-current_amd64_root-on-zfs_RadeonKMS