[patch] Source entries removing is awfully slow.

Kajetan Staszkiewicz vegeta at tuxpowered.net
Thu Dec 5 10:07:54 UTC 2013

Dnia czwartek, 5 grudnia 2013 o 09:18:48 Gleb Smirnoff napisał(a):

> K> To have the most clean and simple code it would make the most sense to
> use the K> aforementioned pfioc_universal_kill for both DIOCKILLSTATES and
> K> DIOCKILLSRCNODES. But that would be a change of kernel api which I
> assume can K> not take place inside major release, so translation of
> structures is currently K> the way to go. Please correct me if I am wrong.
>
> It is okay to add new API.

I was rather thinking about leaving DIOCKILLSTATES and DIOCKILLSRCNODES ioctls
in place but change the structure passed to them to pfioc_universal_killer. So
changint the existing API.

> So in head we will add new API/ABI, then remove obsoleted one. We will
> merge only addition to stable/10, not removal.
>
> The ABI constraints for stable branches are the following. Newer kernel
> must work with older utilxities. So, 10.1 kernel will work with pfctl from
> 10.0, since old ioctls are still supported.

Is recompiling older utilities allowed? Please note that I need to add
ps(n?)k_table to (pfioc_src_nod|stat)e_kill and psnk_killed_states to
psnk_src_node_kill anyway. If not, then we must consider that this patch could
get only into head, and only with struct pfioc_universal_kill. I see no reason
to clean up the old parser without adding the new syntax with new parameters.

--
| pozdrawiam / greetings | powered by Debian, FreeBSD and CentOS |
|  Kajetan Staszkiewicz  | jabber,email: vegeta()tuxpowered net  |