pf crashes in pfr_update_stats()

David Siebörger d.sieborger at ru.ac.za
Fri Jan 27 06:47:23 UTC 2012

On Thursday, 26 January 2012 5:35 PM Ermal Luçi wrote:
> Are you doing frequent updating of tables or loading larde lists of
> addresses in them?

The machine crashed again, and this time I ran ps in ddb.  It shows
pfctl running on one CPU, and the incoming packet being handled by
another:

db> ps
  pid  ppid  pgrp   uid   state   wmesg         wchan        cmd
99941 99922 99920     0  R       CPU 3                       pfctl
100028                   Run     CPU 0                       [irq256:
bce0]

The backtrace was the same as the last one.

I guess this means that disabling SMP would fix the problem as a quick
workaround, but there's probably something wrong with the locking when
updating the tables.

--
David Siebörger
System Administrator, IT Division, Rhodes University