Differences in PF between FBSD 8.2 & 9.0?

Doug Sampson dougs at dawnsign.com
Wed Feb 15 01:41:45 UTC 2012

I got bitten by PF when upgrading from 8.2 to 9.0. It refused to allow
any incoming mail. I'm using spamd in conjunction with pf. I use a
combination of natting along with redirections in conjunction with the
normal pass/block rules.

I cannot for the life of me find a list of significant changes in pf
between these two versions. Is there a link to where I can peruse such
changes and adjust pf.conf accordingly?

Is the pf configuration for OpenBSD 5.0 the same as OpenBSD 4.5? Is it
safe to use OpenBSD 5.0's config pages on pf when configuring pf.conf
for FBSD 9.0?

I ran 'pfctl -vvnf /etc/pf.conf' and that didn't burp up any error
messages as far as I can determine.

~Doug