Fighting DDOS attacks with pf

Jason Hellenthal jhellenthal at dataix.net
Mon Aug 20 16:27:57 UTC 2012

All of the methods listed in more recent messages are just fine of
methods to *somewhat* handle the DDoS on the hosts being attacked.

- *But* -

The only way you are going to take care of this is going to you're
provider at the next level and asking them for assistance. Most of the
addresses you will be seeing are probably spoofed or part of some
amplification attack at which you will end up blocking out legitimate
customers anyhow.

So level up and go to your're Tier 2, Tier 1's.