ALTQ with HFSC

Виталий Владимирович artemrts at ukr.net
Wed Oct 26 20:16:37 UTC 2011

 Recently I worked around traffic prioritization of my router (FreeBSD9-BETA3). I would like to prioritization traffic coming from external interface and coming from internal LAN.

## ALTQ

altq on $ext_if hfsc bandwidth 800Kb qlimit 500 queue {std lan lan_ack serv serv_ack}
queue std bandwidth 100Kb priority 2 hfsc(default ecn)

queue lan bandwidth 100Kb priority 5 hfsc(realtime 100Kb)
queue lan_ack bandwidth 300Kb priority 10 hfsc(realtime 200Kb)

queue serv bandwidth 200Kb priority 4 hfsc(realtime 200Kb)
queue serv_ack bandwidth 100Kb priority 256 hfsc(realtime 50Kb)

./pf.conf:58: priority out of range: max 255
pfctl: Syntax error in config file: pf rules not loaded

Does HFSC support up to 255 priorities?