Reboot after start pf on ALIX board

Espartano espartano.mail at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 14:25:47 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 4:09 AM, Damien Fleuriot <ml at my.gd> wrote:

> You need to define a dump device then, so that you may extract the
> kernel's crash dump for analysis.

I don't know if there is enought free space to allocate a kernel dump
file into the Alix board's cf card, I will see if it is possible.

> [SNIP]
>

>> Before I updated my Nanobsd image from FreeBSD 8.1 to 8.2 RELEASE my
>> alix board worked very well, the big diference between my old nanobsd
>> image and my new nanobsd image is that the new one have "option
>> VIMAGE" active.
>>

> Well, the next logical step would be to comment out the VIMAGE option
> and rebuild a kernel don't you think ?

Of course, however I wanted to know if this scenario is useful to the
freebsd pf developers.

>> Could someone help me ?
>>
>> If there is some another thing that you need to figure out what was
>> happen please let me know.
>>

> Describe the procedure you followed to update your machine.
>
> It is possible that you did not update correctly, who knows...

I don't think so, when I said "update" I really have installed Nanobsd
using FreeBSD 8.2 from scratch.

Well at this point I don't know what to do, it is useful for you that
I try to get a kernel dump file ? or simply recompile nanobsd without
vimage option ?

Thanks a lot.