long term maintenance of pf in FreeBSD (AKA where's pf 4.7?)

The Anarcat anarcat at koumbit.org
Fri Jan 14 03:48:27 UTC 2011

Thanks for sharing the state of affairs!

As I have said to Ermal privately, I am really glad to hear things are
still moving ahead.

I fully understand the need to avoid breaking backward compatibility on
the 8.x branch, that makes perfect sense, and I'm quite happy to not see
the rug be pulled out from under our legs like this. :)

I can't congratulate you enough for your work on pfSense and your
contribution back to the FreeBSD project, I am sure this is really
appreciated by a lot of people. It is, at least, by me and our team at
Koumbit.

Thank you again!

A.

--