svn commit: r223637 - in head: . contrib/pf/authpf contrib/pf/ftp-proxy contrib/pf/man contrib/pf/pfctl contrib/pf/pflogd sbin/pflogd sys/conf sys/contrib/altq/altq sys/contrib/pf/net sys/modules s...

Florian Smeets flo at freebsd.org
Wed Aug 17 12:27:11 UTC 2011

On 08.07.2011 19:02, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 02:26:37PM +0200, Ermal Lui wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 9:35 PM, David O'Brien<obrien at freebsd.org>  wrote:
>>> I have 'pfctl', 'netstat', 'netstat -rn', and 'sysctl -a' output from one
>>> of these experiences. �Would they be useful to you in looking into this?
>>
>> please send those.
>> Also useful would be a description of your setup.
>
> Ermal,
> Thanks.  I'll send to you off list.

Hi,

did you guys find out what was wrong? I may have a similar problem. My
server loses connection after some time. I think it is because the state
table is getting full, but i only have a couple of active states.

The current entries keep increasing, i had ~3600 this morning.

flo at tb:~ # sudo pfctl -vsi|grep "current entries"
No ALTQ support in kernel
ALTQ related functions disabled
   current entries                     4891
   current entries                        0
flo at tb:~ # sudo pfctl -ss| wc -l
No ALTQ support in kernel
ALTQ related functions disabled
       12

Every new connection is added to the current entries but it seems they
are never removed?!

I've set debug to loud, what else should i do to track this down?

Thanks,
Florian