kern/144311: [pf] [icmp] massive ICMP storm on lo0 occurs when using pf(4) 'reply-to'

Yoshiaki Kasahara kasahara at nc.kyushu-u.ac.jp
Wed Mar 24 09:00:12 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR kern/144311; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Yoshiaki Kasahara <kasahara at nc.kyushu-u.ac.jp>
To: max at love2party.net
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org, pyunyh at gmail.com
Subject: Re: kern/144311: [pf] [icmp] massive ICMP storm on lo0 occurs when
 using pf(4) 'reply-to'
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 17:55:18 +0900 (JST)

 I found a blog reporting a similar symptom using
 ipfw(4)+divert(4)+natd(8) on 8.0R and 7.2R (less severe on 7.2R).

 http://www.bsddiary.net/d/201002.html#09

 It is written in Japanese, but I guess you can still read
 configuration used for the test in the article.

 He also reported later that disabling TSO worked as a workaround.
 He used em(4) and fxp(4).

 I wonder if it might help locating the problem...