kern/144311: massive ICMP storm on lo0 occurs when using pf(4) 'reply-to'

Yoshiaki Kasahara kasahara at nc.kyushu-u.ac.jp
Fri Mar 19 07:20:06 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR kern/144311; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Yoshiaki Kasahara <kasahara at nc.kyushu-u.ac.jp>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/144311: massive ICMP storm on lo0 occurs when using pf(4)
 'reply-to'
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:09:18 +0900 (JST)

 I found a workaround for the problem.

 The problem won't happen when I removed TSO support from the interface
 which is used for the default route.

 About my old server, only msk(4) has TSO support, so the problem only
 happend when I used msk(4) for the default route.  (My original post
 was a bit confused and incorrect, sorry).

 I guess there is something wrong with TSO related code (ip_output.c or
 tcp_output.c ?), but it is too much for me to understand them....