pf synproxy

Justin justin at sk1llz.net
Thu Jul 29 02:59:22 UTC 2010

    Confirmed - synproxy works great if the synproxy machine is the
default gateway for the end host. Sadly this means scalability (adding
multiple synproxy boxes) is not possible, nor is it possible to filter a
specific IP out of the end machines ranges.

    Perhaps I'm shooting for the moon here - but shouldn't it be
possible to have a machine validate a remote host to be real and then
create a state to simply permit all traffic from it to pass without
additional filtering? Thus no breaking of packets and allowing the
remote host to respond directly?