ftp problem

Peter Maxwell peter at allicient.co.uk
Wed Jan 6 17:23:15 UTC 2010

2010/1/6 M. Keith Thompson <m.keith.thompson at gmail.com>:
> I have a very screwy problem.  I have a pure-ftp server running pf on
> FreeBSD 7.0.  For the most part the server works fine; users upload
> and download multi-megabyte files daily.  However, I have one client
> (HP-UX) that can not get files larger that 98K.  If I turn off pf, it
> works fine.  The pflog does not show any packets from the IP that does
> not work.  I am totally lost; any ideas?

Off the top of my head: packet normalisation/scrub directives, the
other one would be to post your ruleset and a tcpdump of the session
so folk have something to work with.

Also, what happens to the FTP data and control connections - do they
just stall or are the RSTs, etc?  What does your state table show?