toute-to on lo0 not working?

Stefan stefanferreira at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 20:17:57 UTC 2010

Wouldn't the same problem then apply? By the time pf sees packets
originating on the pf box itself, they are already outbound on a
specific interface, and cannot be routed to the correct interface.

I think I'll have to use rtables after all. That just means I'm limited
to destination routing only and not full policy routing.

It also seems that the "loopback" option (two bridged tap interfaces)
can't work because the packets always bypass the actual full stack of
the interfaces. The only weird thing with that is that when I set my
default route to tap0 and block inbound on tap1 (bridged to tap0), the
pings are stopped, but when I pass the traffic it does loop until TTL
expires. This suggests that pf does indeed see those packets, yet when I
try to apply routes to them inbound on tap1, they go nowhere... I'm
convinced that I just don't know the interactions between pf nat, pf
route-to and rtables well enough to crack this one...