[FreeBSD 7.2] snmp_pf.so

Shteryana Shopova shteryana at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 13:35:31 UTC 2009

Hi,

2009/10/1 Maciej Wierzbicki <voovoos-fpf at killfile.pl>:
> Ondoy wrote on 2009-10-01 11:45:
>
>> without specifying OID, it only walks the mib-2 subtree.
>> try
>> # bsnmpwalk fokus
>> the objects under 1.3.6.1.4.1.12325.1.200 are the pf stuff.
>
> Indeed, thanks.
>
> But then I have another question. bsnmpwalk parses some of pf oids and then
> returns an error:
> Agent localhost:snmp returned error
> 1.3.6.1.4.1.12325.1.200.1.9.2.1.20.1 caused error - General error

bsnmpwalk -i /usr/share/snmp/defs/pf_tree.def begemotPf

By default only the mibII_tree.def and tree.def OID to strings are
parsed - you have to tell bsnmpwalk to parse the begemotPf OIDs
explicitly .

> Its pfTablesTblPktsOutXPass in pfTables, I believe. That error is a known
> issue or I am missing something again?

http://people.freebsd.org/~syrinx/snmp/pf_snmp.c-01102009-01.diff -
this should fix the error.

> PS also, is it possible to count traffic on interface using snmp per ip
> address bound to it (not per whole interface)?

Hm, I think this should be supposedly done by fetching
pfTablesAddrTable, but currently it does not return any data...I am
not sure when I will have time to look at this, but of course everyone
is more than wellcome to submit a patch :)

> PPS maybe I should address this discussion to freebsd-net instead?
> --

cheers,
Shteryana