Multiple ftp servers behind pf with carp multi-ip

Scott Ullrich sullrich at gmail.com
Thu May 28 20:23:59 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 4:17 PM, Alexandre Biancalana
<biancalana at gmail.com> wrote:
> The patch does not apply clearly, I merge they by hand (the final diff
> is attached) and compiled Ok. I will give a try and let you know.
>
> I'm curious about the two new command line options -i and -2, what's
> the exacly purpose of this options ?

That might be a little bit outdated.  The most up to date port is
here: http://redmine.pfsense.org/repositories/browse/pfsense-tools/pfPorts/pftpx-routeto

I quickly glanced at the source and did not see the -i argument but
the -2 argument should be the routeto IP address:

        if (routeto) {
                memset(&hints, 0, sizeof hints);
                hints.ai_flags = AI_NUMERICHOST;
                hints.ai_family = ipv6_mode ? AF_INET6 : AF_INET;
                hints.ai_socktype = SOCK_STREAM;
                error = getaddrinfo(routeto, NULL, &hints, &res);
                if (error)
                        errx(1, "getaddrinfo route-to address failed: %s",
                            gai_strerror(error));
                memcpy(&routeto_ss, res->ai_addr, res->ai_addrlen);
                logmsg(LOG_INFO, "using route-to (%s %s)", routeto_if,
                    sock_ntop(sstosa(&routeto_ss)));
                freeaddrinfo(res);
        }

Scott