Question about numbers of connections

Espartano espartano.mail at gmail.com
Wed May 13 16:24:44 UTC 2009

Hi folks, I have a question about PF over FreeBSD.

I would like to know how many connections can manage pf with 256 Mb of
ram, I think that PF can manage a lot of connections  because it only
needs to negotiate the firts package of the connection then it would
acept or deny the rest of connection's packages, but I don't sure if
my thinks are right or not, anybody could say me if my argument is
right or not?

I have an Alix machine based in Geode LX800 processor with 256 Mb of
ram, and I would like to know if I can do a firewall (PF) with my alix
machine and  put it in a place with a lot of traffic without troubles.

Sorry for my english it's very poor :(

Thanks a lot.

--
"Linux is for people who hate Windows, BSD is for people who love UNIX".

"Documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good;
and when it is bad, it is better than nothing."

My personal webblog http://people.linuxreal.org/espartano/blog/
Sent from Cordoba, Ver, Mexico