pftop queue stats

Jay Aikat ja at unc.edu
Sat Mar 28 07:38:04 PDT 2009

Hi,
	I am looking for a way to log queue stats at less than 1 second
intervals.

On my FreeBSD router, the pf.conf file is configured as follows:
 > altq on $ext_if1 priq bandwidth 622Mb qlimit 65535 queue { tcp_q1 }
 > queue tcp_q1 on $ext_if1 qlimit 65535 priq (default)

Using pftop, I can get queue lengths per second at best.
$ pftop -s 1 -v queue -d 1000 > pftop.out

Is there an option in pftop to log stats per millisecond, or even 100ms?
  The -s option above seems to default to 1 second at best.

Thanks for any pointers you can give me.
--Jay.