pf + altq + cbq(borrow) not borrowing from parent...

Pojken Purken pp at pp.dyndns.biz
Wed Mar 18 13:56:28 PDT 2009

Peter wrote:
> iH,
>    Can't figure this out - seems as if others are having the same issue
> searching online:
> The queues will not borrow from parent.
>
> pf.conf [cut and snipped]
>
> altq on fxp0 cbq bandwidth 100Mb qlimit 500 queue {intranet, extranet}
>         queue extranet bandwidth 876Kb { poshta,abakan,usrx11,imvas }
>                 queue poshta bandwidth 34% priority 7 cbq(borrow)
>                 queue abakan bandwidth 22% priority 2 cbq(borrow)
>                 queue usrx11 bandwidth 22% priority 1 cbq(borrow)
>                 queue imvas  bandwidth 22% priority 1 cbq(borrow)
>         queue intranet bandwidth 90Mb cbq(default)

Sorry, brain is not working tonight. I reversed extranet and intranet in
my previous response. Add "borrow" to your extranet queue. You might as
well add it to the intranet queue too if you want it to be able to use
those 876Kb if they're available. Sorry again for the noise. And yes,
the description of borrowing from the parent queue is ofc correct too...
Ireally should stop answering these questions at this time of night... ;-)
/Morgan