CARP and NAT

Elliott Barrere elliott at mywedding.com
Tue Jul 28 21:31:56 UTC 2009

Nevermind, I sorted out my issue.  The carp1 interface had multiple
IPs assigned and PF was pulling the last one.  Adding a carp_ip
variable and changing the NAT statement makes it work:

nat on $cable_if from $lan_net to any -> $carp_ip

This does make me wonder though more generally about when to use the
carp interface versus the physical interface in PF.  Does anyone know
of a guide or a good rule of thumb?

Thanks!

:: elliott barrere :: 206.855.7011 ::